Rupa tagged me about 3 months ago to write abt 7 things you needn’t know about me.
- I just write about the issues. But it is my sister, who works by choice, in a reputed NGO as a counsellor. She is the real do-gooder.
- I am not a morning person. I hate to get up in mornings. I love to sleep late, but waking up whole night is taking my nocturnal body’s resilience too far.
- I am a voracious reader. I carry a book everywhere I go. Last year I read 53 books. (I maintain a reading list because I forget.) This year, I am reading my 9th book: A Mighty Heart, The story of American Jew journalist Daniel Pearl’s kidnapping
- I love to call and address people I like with dozen and more names. I have coined pochu, puchu, puchki for my sister and also edited her name Dolly to Dullu, Dulla, and what not. So much that now everyone says “Dullu ko bula do (Call, Dullu).” Obviously, my sister hates me for this. (Yeah, she returns the favour, I won’t tell you what she calls me.) 😀
- I have done parasailing, cliff jumping, rappling and rafting. Snorkelling is next. I long to jump from an aeroplane. They do it in Australia and Thailand. No, I don’t even want to know if it happens in India. I will do this in a foreign locale.
- I have a naturally high pitch while I talk. So if I am excited, my voice pitch goes several decibels higher. People either get offended or intimidated. Sometimes, it’s a trouble to handle.
- I started creating a bucket list last year: a list of 100 things to do before I die. But I could put only 45 things yet. 😦 I wonder when I will complete my Life’s To-Do list.
You can find more about me in these posts:
P.S: People, please note, I will take up your pending tags soon. I would be grateful if you remind me again.
Edited to add: New header designed by Sandip Haldar, including the last one with dartboard. 🙂