It’s that time of year again. On public demand, Avant Garde Bloggies Awards 2009 are here.
As you know from 2008, Avant Garde Bloggies awards aim to recognise the best posts from your blog. It is an award competition where your entries are voted and judged by fellow, expert bloggers. It is a competition to recognise your blog. And as always, its meant to be fun and healthy.
A repeat of how the award winners will be decided:
Phase 1: Nominations
The invitations for nominations close on 20 December at 10 pm IST.
Phase 2: Judgement by a panel of judges
The panel of judges will comprise of bloggers. There are two separate judges for each category. Judges’ score will decide which 6 best posts will go for poll.
Phase 3: Polling
You, my readers, will poll for your favorite post in each category. Polls for each category will be created at Avant Garde Bloggies Awards Blog. (The blog is at the moment private, will be open at the time of polls.)
Phase 4: Judgement day
All the winners will be decided on 15th January, 2010.
Please feel free to ask any questions. I want to keep this decision process transparent and smooth. You question may also point out a fact/situation I may have overlooked.
How to nominate blog posts?
You can nominate your own posts and blog posts written by your friends. Since no one knows your best work on the blog other than you, I recommend that you start by nominating your own posts. And then nominate posts of your friends.
Rules of Nomination:
1. Only the posts published from 1st January to December 15 this year can be nominated.
2. You can nominate your own blog posts as well as blogs of your friends. Anonymous nominations will be accepted as long as the post is worthy for the given category.
4. You cannot nominate star bloggers like Zen Habits, Web Worker Daily, Tech Crunch and so on.
5. The nominated posts need to be original. Anything copied, from forwarded emails, books, etc is not acceptable. Nominations will be canceled automatically, if the nominated post is plagiarised.
6. Same post can not be entered into more than one category.
7. Multiple entries by same author in a category is not allowed. In case of too many nominations by same author, the author has to tell us which one to consider. Or, decision will be taken at the hands of Avant Garde Committee. (Members to be announced.)
8. We agree there are all rounders. However, same blogger can not participate in more than three categories. (Excluding all the blog award categories, they are free for all.)
9. Judges and volunteers can not participate in any category. Neither can any of my own posts can be nominated or awarded.
10. If there are less than 6 nominations in a category, that category will be dismissed.
11. I and the judges’ panel have the final authority to add and reject any nomination or delete a category in case of unworthy nominations.
Nominate Posts Now
You can see the list of award categories and nominate now. Please write in your nominations in the comments section of this post. Please mention the award category along with the name of the writer and link to the blog post. In case any of these vital information is missing, nomination will be automatically rejected.
I can not certainly organise these awards single-handedly. Volunteers are invited. I need some volunteers for promotion, communication and execution. Those who are interested and would have some time on hands, please write in the comments section. I will be very grateful to have your helping hand.
Judges’ panel will be announced soon.
What can you do?