Cricket-opedia Contest Answers
Without much ado, here are the answers in blue:
1. Who was the first cricketer in the world to be given out by a Third Umpire?
2. His was the first real face to adorn the covers of “Bible of cricket”. Who is he?
Michael Vaugham was featured on cover page of Wisden in 2003.
3. Recognise this veteran cricketer:
4. This cousin of an Hollywood actor has been part of three World Cup teams, once as a Captain. Who is he?
5. He played for his country, England, in cricket as well as football. He is also the only man to have captained England in both the sports. Who is he?
Reginald Erskine Foster (sometimes also called Tip Foster)
6. Name the batsman who outscored the entire opposition team in each innings of a test match.
Justin Langer (vs. Pakistan in 2004)
7. Name the only captain ever to forfeit an test innings.
Hansie Cronje vs. England
8. During the post match presentation of his last International match he famously asked the crowd “Did I entertain?”. Who is he ?
9. Who played the role of Douglas Jardine in a Aussie telivision series ‘BodyLine’?
10. He is an acknowledged all-rounder. He is right-handed batsman and known for left-arm spin bowling. He has played for county Glamorgan. Who is he?
Cricket-opedia Contest Winners
I have got 5 winners who got all 10 answers correct. (Sorry, all you guys who got 9 answers correct.)
Edited to add: I have got one more winner Ishan. (Sorry Ishan, your comment was held in spam. )
Congratulations, guys! 🙂 Please send your snail mail address to us so that prizes can be shipped to you by Virgin-IHL. As you will remember that the sponsers of this cricket-opedia contest are Virgin-IHL.
P.S: Thanks again Kapil for helping me with the quiz. 🙂
P. P.S: Sandil, I have your snail mail address. Thanks!