Here’s are ten simple questions about cricket personalities that can win you prizes:
1. Who was the first cricketer in the world to be given out by a Third Umpire?
2. His was the first real face to adorn the covers of “Bible of cricket”. Who is he?
3. Recognise this veteran cricketer:
4. This cousin of an Hollywood actor has been part of three World Cup teams, once as a Captain. Who is he?
5. He played for his country, England, in cricket as well as football. He is also the only man to have captained England in both the sports. Who is he?
6. Name the batsman who outscored the entire opposition team in each innings of a test match.
7. Name the only captain ever to forfeit an test innings.
8. During the post match presentation of his last International match he famously asked the crowd “Did I entertain?”. Who is he ?
9. Who played the role of Douglas Jardine in a Aussie telivision series ‘BodyLine’?
10. He is an acknowledged all-rounder. He is right-handed batsman and known for left-arm spin bowling. He has played for county Glamorgan. Who is he?
Write your answers in the comments section. Comment moderation is on.
Rules for the contest
1. Last date for writing in your answers is 1st June, 2009. Results will be announced on 2nd June, 2009.
2. Needless to say, person with highest score wins the 1st prize. We have couple of prizes.
3. In case of tie, a tie-breaker will be decided at our discretion.
4. Multiple entries are not allowed.
Please spread the word.
P.S: Special thanks to Kapil for helping me with the quiz.